Why Business Coaching?
What is Business Coaching?
Are you also wondering how to grow your business? You’re not alone! A Business Coach may help.
However, there are different types of Business Coaches and it’s important to understand the difference, when selecting the right one for your problem.
- Leadership Coaches focus on you as a person, your management and leadership skills.
- Marketing Coaches and Sales Coaches help you develop and improve the Marketing & Sales side of your business in order to grow your Revenue. For example Branding, Sales methods or setting up your CRM.
- Strategic Planning Coaches help you create a solid Strategic Plan. Having a complete Strategic Plan is especially important for start-ups and when trying to obtain funding (any bank or investor will ask for one).
My type of Business Coach is focused on Operational & Organizational Change (or Continuous Improvement, Operational Efficiencies).
Most of my clients do NOT need a Strategic Plan or more Sales. Their company lacks the capacity to meet demand and the owners are overworked. They have the demand but don’t know how to grow. I help these clients with improving the “inner workings of the business:, through initiating & implementing Operational & Organizational Change.
As a Business Owner you probably agree:
"It's lonely at the top"
Many Business Owners have no one to talk to about what's keeping them up at night: concerns around shrinking margins, operations, staff, quality, stress, overload etc. Who can they bounce ideas off with regards to growing the business, or adding a new product line?
I consider myself a Business Coach, although many refer to me as a Management Consultant, or Business Consultant. More on the differences in a separate page on this site, but in short: I am NOT a Business Consultant who will come in, does an investigation, writes a report for you on how you should do things and then leaves.
As your Business Coach, I offer a confidential sounding board: Business Owners can talk to me about business concerns that they can't discuss with anyone else. We discuss the owner's concerns, ideas, I provide feedback, suggestions that the owner can then use to make his/her own decisions.
Based on my 30 years of experience in industry,
- I help you develop an Action Plan plan for Business Transformation,
- I help you implement industry-proven Tools, Practices, & Processes, and
- I’ll introduce you to models for Operational & Organizational Change Management to make your Change Program successful
How does coaching look like?
We will work together in various ways, based entirely on your needs and preferences.
One-to-one sessions with you
Team sessions with your Management Team
Teams brainstorms with staff
Supporting One-to-one sessions with individual Managers and Supervisors
you chose our interaction to meet your needs (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, on demand). Usually the frequency declines once the initial assessments have been done and a plan is in place
- 121’s are generally done online as it is convenient and cost efficient.
- Team Brainstorms can be done online, but are definitely more engaging, effective and fun when done onsite, with the group in a room.
- 121's are generally 1 - 2 hour
- Team brainstorms: 2 - 4 hours
I am NOT part of a Coaching Franchise,
have total freedom to customize
my service to meet YOUR needs.
We discovered / quantified ~ $30,000 in monthly rework at a manufacturer with $3M annual Revenue. We’re resolving this through a relatively simple process change, we’re tracking future rework costs through a KPI Dashboard, and we’re enforcing conformance to the new process through an NCR process (Non-Conformance Reporting).
Adherence to the adjusted process will triple the bottom line and allow the 60-year-old owner to pay off his $1M business & personal debt in less than the targeted 5 years (age 65).
ABC Manufacturing Company